Minggu, 20 Mei 2012

A letter from....

How do you help someone in the depths of darkness? Is it possible to lighten the load of sadness when someone has been deeply wounded? When I hear of some one's heartache and heartbreak - I feel their pain. My natural urge is to always want to fix it- to make the pain and the problems go away. But you can't. It's not possible. Sometimes people are faced with problems that seem insurmountable. They are so overwhelming it feels like just waking up and getting dressed is an enormous task. My thoughts on this are few things. 
1. Sometimes life just gives you this stuff- this misery. It just is. So don't over think it- just keep moving.


2. Sometimes we are given the "awful" because we needed to figure something out. Sometimes figuring "it" out takes a very long time. 


3. Some people feel pain more deeply than others ( I fall into this category) -- but those same people also feel joy more deeply.
4. I've really realized- that as soon as you figure out and muddle through one problem or challenge - guess what-- we are given another one.  This is LIFE. One challenge after another.
5. This is WHY it is so important to savor the beauty of all things in life. Especially the little things. Like that morning cup of coffee, listening to beautiful music.... looking at my blog :) ! These little things help us catch our breath, escape for a minute, to face the next set of challenges. That's what all the "Choose Happiness" quotes mean. Wake up- you can be miserable or happy. 
Now why I am talking about this this Sunday morning? Because I KNOW how difficult life can be, is. I know this. I know that savoring all the beautiful things in my life have gotten me through the tough stuff. Basically, counting my blessings.  Finding gratitude in all the gifts of life that surround me... there are so many it's amazing. What else can you do? Succumbing to the darkness solves nothing. Being angry solves nothing. Letting go of the anger really is the only thing that frees us.  (But sometimes this just takes time) That and a can of paint. A can paint of white paint costs not a lot- and think of the magic you can create with a can of paint. Paint solves all my misery. You can paint anything- a dresser- a picture frame- something small or big- but the mere act of doing it always amazes me. How it makes me feel. Even if just for a moment. It tends to get your mind off the problems... and inspires other wonderful, magical things. So if you are sad, or miserable--- maybe go get a can of paint today -- it's kind of like a clean, fresh start- a new outlook on life. Just paint.
I will share a very dear, kind, heartfelt letter I received this morning. I'm doing this because this letter has inspired me. Has HELPED me to take a moment to be grateful. So I thank you -- (you know who you are). You made me cry this morning. .. and a little sad because I wish I could do more to alleviate your suffering. You also made me happy that I could make a difference, even a small difference in your day, your life. I also think this will help many others out there suffering.


"Hi - you do not know me, but I wanted to say that your blog is very inspiring. Not from a religious sense, but from a life and dream point of view.  Sometimes people just feel there is no need in dreaming, but you have inspired me not to let my dreams die. Somewhere in time, the beautiful things of life will return to me. I am a 68 year old single (divorced) woman. I have been single and lost everything I owned 20 years ago by simply becoming bitter and just walking away due to an affair my husband of 27 years had with my best friend! Since finding your blog, it has made a difference. Your blog pure class and some of the most beautiful photography, pictures, etc. that I have seen on any!Keep it up because there is some of us out there that enjoy it very much!"



My quote for the day: 
"He brought you to it, he'll get you through it"



Thank you, you will get through it. ZsaZsa


kimball-images-2012.tumblr

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar