Senin, 06 Mei 2013

Mouth Watering Delight


A scrumptious treat to start he week from Drizzle & Dip - enjoy!

Dukkah Baked Pear with Goats Cheese + Honey by Drizzle & Dip




With this recipe I simply combine a few of my favourite things and pile them onto a cracker. I also like the cracker because as a textural eater, it provides me with the necessary crunch.

Oh and don’t get me started on dukkah. I love the stuff. 

The pear is a tricky fruit and I often agree with Ralph Waldo Emerson when he said: ‘There are only ten minutes in the life of a pear when it is perfect to eat’. The window of delicious-eating opportunity is small, but if a pear is not perfect it is indeed improved when baked.

This is what you do:

Take as many pears as you need and simply cut them into quarters and remove the core. It is not necessary to peel them. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper or silicone baking paper with the cut side facing up. Lightly brush the pear with melted butter and then sprinkle dukkah over the flesh. Bake these in a 180 C for 40 – 45 minutes until they are soft and brown.

These baked pears are a perfect addition to a cheese board and lovely with honey drizzled over them.









*


Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar