The recipe is based on one found in a great little book called "Muffins and More". This volume is part of the Canadian series entitled "Company's Coming". Look here to see the cover. You might consider picking up a copy if it isn't already in your collection; there are plenty of tasty things between its covers.
Cottage Cheese (and Raisin) Biscuits
2 cups of all purpose flour
4 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
I egg, beaten
1 cup of cottage cheese (mine was 1%)
2 tbsp cooking oil (really, that is all; I used canola oil)
1/4 cup of milk (mine was 2%)
2/3 cup of raisins (I guessed at what to put in; use more or less, as you desire. Why not live dangerously and use dried cranberries or chopped up dried apricots -potential "yumminess" there- or ...)
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then make a well in the centre.
In a second bowl, beat the egg, add the cottage cheese and beat a little more.
Stir in the oil and milk.
Pour wet ingredients into the well and stir, forming a soft dough.
Put on a floured board and knead about 10 times.
(If the dough seems a bit wet, just add a little more flour.)
Pat out to about 3/4 inch thickness (2 cm) and cut out biscuits with a floured juice glass, cookie cutter, whatever you have.
Put on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes.
(I squished mine into a pan so that the biscuits touched each other;
either way works.)
Makes 12-14 biscuits.
That's it, quick and easy. Enjoy.
I hope you'll let me know if you give this recipe a whirl.
Update: I've been invited to share this recipe with Bernideen's Tea Time "Open House".

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar