Sabtu, 03 Maret 2012

Battle Beautiful

ART SPOTLIGHT:

Northern California Artist: Lisa Battle 

parallels her design work with being a commercial stylist and recording artist. Designing jewelry began while performing on tour and not being able to find jewelry to match her signature rock-star style wardrobe. Lisa began making her own pieces after her late cousin left behind a huge box of findings from his work as a display artist. Her aunt, a fine artist, made a hand made artful patina'd treasure as a gift in which Lisa was inspired which eventually turned her "on the road" hobby into a business. 

Lisa's vases are inspired from a trip to Italy while visiting the town of Murano. Upon returning, friends began to drop off glass vases on Lisa's porch as a hint knowing Lisa would artfully turn them into beautiful new gifts. Her kitchen was her studio space. She was asked to participate in a local arts, campaign charity event in which she decided to auction off a large vase. Shortly after she landed her first order and began selling to boutiques. 

Lisa designs out of her home studio next to her rescued house rabbit.


Inspiration, favorite people, places & things...

Anna Wintour, Italian Rennaissance, Valentino, Carmel CA, Capri Italy, Cher, Alexander McQueen, Rachel Ashwell, Edmund Ian Grant, Leo Buscaglia, the ocean, beach glass, old barns, dogs, silk organza, asian art, orchids, coi fish, moss, birch trees, ponds, zen gardens, strong coffee, Indian Food, chocolate, making pesto, my office, driftwood, handmade soap, weathered metal, the sun, people who make me laugh, singing a great story, my mother's art, my neice's art, Carol Burnett, Laurel Burch, Ralph Lauren, Betsey Johnson, Calvin Klein, Shrine of Hollywood, Audrey Hepburn, Architectural Digest, Western Interiors, Veranda Magazine, Zsa Zsa Bellagio, Nancy Shapiro, hiking along the coast, embracing colors-indigo, white, sage, turquoise, copper and black, encouraging others to allow art to always be a part of their lives.

- Lisa




About L. Style...

"For years people have told me I have an amazing, unique sense of style. I guess it started when as a young girl, my mother let me re-arrange all the furniture and decor in our house in an artful, aesthetically pleasing way. The family never moved it back so I took that as a compliment.

I saw a need to be somewhat Zen-like as if everything had the perfect spot and I wanted everyone to see what I felt. Friends and neighbors began to hire me to re-do rooms that were lacking in style or needed a more useful space to live and work in. Groups of people would start to ask for my advice while standing in line at stores because of the unusual decor I was purchasing. It happened quite often when I was alone shopping for unique items or stage clothes.

My first job was working in an imported jewelry & home decor store which taught me the full retail spectrum of visual merchandising to managing to purchase buying. My visual style and flair for displaying unique merchandise caught the eyes of buyers and vendors who recognized how quickly my work increased their product sales.

I found myself displaying well known artists and designers such as Laurel Burch, Mary Frances, Nino Bossi & Melissa Joy Manning. I went on to work for large department stores and Luxury Brand decor shops working with well-known companies & fashions from Calvin Klein, Betsy Johnson, Vintage Jewelry, Shabby-Chic home decor, Bobbi Brown / Estee Lauder Cosmetics, Roost Catalog Decor, Reidel Glassware and local designers and artists launching their new lines, many of whom became friends. 

Eventually I worked as a purchase buyer for home decor & gift boutiques from the best catalogs in the biz and assisted with package design and marketing. It gives me great pleasure to enhance the "Wow Factor" by creating selling & living environments and to give every type of merchandise, interior decor and art its' own perfect place to shine.

I created L. Style to visually enhance outdated businesses and to increase sales in a failing economy. I combine my expertise in merchandise styling & purchase buying with being an artist.

I visit locations as a consultant with merchandise redesign expertise, storefront design and create a fresh approach with company essence and style design. I strive for L. Style to be globally recognized." -Lisa







To see more of Lisa's fabulous work, you can visit her site at:


Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar